Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jon & Kate plus loads of hate...

Now, I admit, I am a fan of the show, mostly because, as my 16 year old daughter says, those adorable Asian babies, from Cranky Maddie right on down to cutie pie Alexis...Back before the Jon & Kate HaterGate erupted this year, whenever i watched the show, I always came away thinking, " Damn, Kate is such a Bitch. She treats Jon like crap." And quite honestly did not like her personna much at all, but the more I see the ongoing harrassment of this family by papparazzi and the like...the more I feel sorry for her, Jon and the kids all for seperate reasons.
I wonder now...
Was Kate's bitchiness towards Jon due to his roaming with other women?
Or...
Is Jon's roaming with other women due to Kate's bitchiness?
It's something like that which came first the chicken or the egg question and either way the answer doesn't really matter, the kids are the ones who are suffering the most here and exactly what is this growing up under public scrutiny going to do to them? Every minute of every day being watched and shown to everyone around the world?? What effect for example will it have on Maddie? Who has been portrayed by the show as the bigegst spoiled brat of the family? Alexis, who has been shown being spanked (with an open hand on the bottom, people- get over it) on the front of a magazine cover?
Imagine what it must be like to take your kids to the grocery store, having to get past papparazzi to first get IN the DOOR, then have to sheild your kid's from seeing themselves, or their mom or dad on the cover of EVERY tabloid and magazine at the checkout stand, possible with some insane headline that these kids ARE OLD ENOUGH TO READ... then having to push past these same assholes putting those headlines you just saw to go home again...I admit, if it was me? I'd probably be arrested for assault, because everyone of those jerks would get smacked on my way to my car.

These were every day people, just Joe Blow citizen who made a decision to let their family be filmed to try to put their kids through school and pay their bills, they had no idea it would cascade into this insanity...so why were they so deluged by the p-holes anyway? They weren't Madonna and Guy Richie, so what was the draw?

To me this is just another example of why papparazzi need to be under some sort of I don't know...they need to be reigned in, the absurdity of things they do to wreck people's lives has been seen over and over. I mean do we have to have another Diana before SOMETHING is done to hold them back a bit, and how did we get so many people with no scruples anyway? Did we really need to know all the details of David Carrideans death? Or Jett Travolta's? These people have been cruel over and over and over again. Maybe the best punishment for them is to set some of their colleague's on their tail, see what happens.
Anyway, that's my rant for the morning!
Gwen<3

No comments: