Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hmm...so a bright glimmer in all this health crap

As most of my online friends know, I started working out and losing weight in Jan 08 I had lost 43 lbs total by the 4th of July so I was down to 199, by my Tumor discovery and newest Cancer diagnosis I'd gained back 13 lbs and was up to 212 again, and my stomach was very distended at the top due to the huge ass tumor on my one Ovary...so since surgery and being home, everyone around me has been telling me how much weight I'd dropped and how much thinner I am... Me- I didn't see it, of course I never do...I have a very funky body image thing going on...always have, worse now cuz of this jacked up scar on my lower abdomen...but today I weighed myself for the hell of it and am at 191 so since surgery on the 3rd of this month I've dropped 21 lbs for a total this year of 51 lbs, now I am halfway to my total goal of being 140 which I have not been since middle school I think....wow. And I looked in a full length mirror and actually DID see a difference myself for once...with clothes on...naked I still see UGH.
But in the midst of all this really nasty health crap, at least that is one more positive to add to the list, now I can't wait to be able to workout more.

No comments: